Forres Area Credit Union at a school near you.
See what some of our young savers have to say:
School Savings Clubs help children from a young age to develop a strong savings habit whilst also helping to improve children’s numeracy and literacy skills.
Forres Area Credit Union works in partnership with a number of schools around our common bond area of Moray and Nairn.
Children fill in a membership form, which is signed by their parent, and then start to save in their own Junior Account.
There is no joining fee or annual charges on junior accounts.
- Pick up an application form from your child’s school, or,
- download the relevant application form by clicking on the link below, or,
- come into the office and complete a membership application form.
Junior Accounts are for children from 0 – 18 years of age. At 18 the junior account is converted to an adult savings account.
Can you help?
Would you like to get involved in helping to run a Schools’ Saving Club?
Does your school not have a club? Would you like one?
Are you a local school who would like to offer school Savings?
If so, please contact the office or Johanna Quinney directly, who will be happy to discuss this.
Forres Area Credit Union currently operate savings clubs in the following schools;
- Andersons Primary School, Forres – 10.30 on Fridays
- Applegrove Primary School, Forres – 10.30 on Wednesdays
- Dallas Primary School, Moray – 10.30 on Thursdays
- Greenwards Primary School, Elgin – 1.30 on Thursdays
- Kinloss Primary School, Moray – 8.45 on Mondays
- Lhanbryde Primary School, Moray – 1.30 on Wednesdays
- Logie Primary School, Moray – 11.30 on Fridays
- New Elgin Primary School, Elgin – 11.00 on Fridays
Benefits of Children’s Savings
Membership of the Credit Union has many benefits….
- No set-up fees or annual charges
- Dividend on savings, when available
- Teach children the importance of saving
- Children learn how to save and the value of money
- Your savings are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme